• +1 (717) 759-4227

Top Ten Tips on Making IRA Contributions

The IRS has 10 important tips for you about setting aside money for your retirement in an Individual Retirement Arrangement. 1. You must be under age 70 1/2 at the end of the tax year in order to contribute...

  • August 12, 2014

Topic 254 – How to Choose a Tax Return Preparer

If you choose to have someone other than yourself prepare your tax return, choose that preparer wisely. A paid tax return preparer with primary responsibility for overall substantive accuracy of a return is required, by law, to sign the...

  • February 20, 2014

Which Tax Form Should You File?

Which form should you use to file your federal income taxes? These days, most people use a computer to prepare and e-file their tax forms. It’s easy, because tax software selects the right form for you. If you file...

  • January 30, 2014

Who Should File a 2012 Tax Return?

If you received income during 2012, you may need to file a tax return in 2013. The amount of your income, your filing status, your age and the type of income you received will determine whether you’re required to...

  • January 29, 2013

How to Get Your Prior-Year Tax Information from the IRS

Taxpayers sometimes need tax returns from previous years for loan applications, to estimate tax withholding, for legal reasons or because records were destroyed in a natural disaster or fire. If your original tax returns were lost or destroyed, you...

  • August 25, 2011